Northway Christian Church acquired its first organ in 1922 when it purchased a portable Estey pump organ. As the music ministry grew, in 1960, the congregation was given a gift to install its first pipe organ built by the Reuter Company of Lawrence Kansas in the previous sanctuary. The two manual organ was moved into the current sanctuary in 1986 and expanded over the years, first by the John T. Fort Company and enlarged to a three manual organ with the current casework and facade. Over a decade ago, it became evident that the instrument needed more than repairs and additions. The organ committee charged Robert L. Sipe, Inc. with the task of fashioning a reliable and beautiful instrument that would meet the current needs of the church and the community. His firm has created an instrument utilizing much of the pipe work from the original organ, revoiced, rescaled and provided the addition of new voices, new wind chests and a new console utilizing State of the Art solid state combination and electrical relay systems. It is a carefully redesigned instrument that is tonally specific for the room and meets the flexibility needs of current artistry.
Those who assisted in the work on the organ include; Robert Sipe, Susan Sipe, Charles Leonard, James Stillson, and Mike Ussery, also Tom Branch, Jeff Branch, and Burton Tidwell of the Allen Organ Co.